Cambrooke Therapeutics is the first to offer a family of ready to drink nutritionally complete formulas for the dietary management of the following disorders of amino acid metabolism:
- Homocystinuria (HCU) . . . Homactin AA Plus
- Maple Syrup Urine Disease (MSUD) . . . Vilactin AA Plus
Each of these formulas provides for a patient’s daily protein needs in a new format PLUS a unique profile of benefits:
- Less Acidic Profile — Most ready to drink formulas for these conditions have a harsh, high acid taste that lingers well after being consumed. This innovate family of formulas overcomes this problem to provide a mild, low-acid flavor.
- Essential Fats & DHA — Each formula in this new AA portfolio contains essential fatty acids and DHA to support brain and eye development.
- Bone Health — Bone health is a growing concern for individuals with inborn errors of amino acid metabolism. Studies have demonstrated that patients with phenylketonuria have a decreased bone mineral density which may lead to osteoporosis and fractures if not detected and treated. Each formula is enhanced with an optimized Bone Health Blend to help build and maintain healthy bones.
Optimized bone health blend contains (per serving):
- Vitamin D 620 IU – highest level/g PE compared to other AA formulas
- Calcium 677 mg (Promactin: 700 mg)
- Phosphorus 664 mg
- Zn 5 mg
- Mg 143 mg
- Vitamin K (K1, K2 [MK-7]) 40 mcg – enhanced levels
- Inulin 2 g – aids in calcium absorption (excludes Promactin)
- Digestive Health — Contains 2 g pre-biotic fiber per serving and lower acid profile (pH 5.8) than most amino acid based formulas to support digestive health e-biotic fiber.
- No artificial flavors or colors — All-natural berry flavor, free of all artificial flavors.
Now OU-D Kosher Certified
All AA Plus formulas are OU-D kosher certified.
- Homactin AA Plus
- Vilactin AA Plus
Kosher Certified – OU Dairy certified by the Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America (the “Orthodox Union”). Learn more at oukosher.org