Do you have questions about KetoVie formulas or are you simply looking for a source for answers to the most frequently asked questions about KetoVie?
These FAQs are intended to be supplemental reference material and are intended solely for the general information of the reader. They are not intended to diagnose health problems or to take the place of professional medical care. Always consult with your health care provider.
What is KetoVie 4:1?
KetoVie is a liquid ready to use medical food for the dietary management of individuals who are prescribed a ketogenic diet for intractable epilepsy and other conditions requiring a ketogenic diet.
What are the usage recommendations of KetoVie?
The KetoVie 4:1 products are ready-to-drink ketogenic formulas for the dietary management of intractable epilepsy and other disorders where a ketogenic diet is indicated. It may be used as sole source nutrition or as a supplement. It must be prescribed by a physician and monitored by a registered dietitian.
How is KetoVie 4:1 different from other formulas?
KetoVie 4:1 helps simplify your everyday with the first ready to use liquid ketogenic formula for over one year of age that contains a blend of key nutrients to address many of the challenges we face on ketogenic diets.
HERE IS HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT THAN OTHER FORMULAS AND WHY THAT IS IMPORTANT:
- MCT – 25% of the total calories and is the only ready to drink product available that has MCT. MCT has been shown to boost ketosis and may have a laxative effect important to help achieve ketosis and help manage constipation.
- Whey protein – KetoVie protein is made from 100% whey and is the only ready to drink product with this easy to digest source of protein to help improve overall tolerance.
- Net Carbs – the lowest in net carbs at 0.4g (vanilla) and 1.1g (chocolate) to make it easier to fit into the restricted carbohydrates in the spectrum of ketogenic diets.
- Carnitine – contains 50mg Carnitine per serving to provide supplemental support as levels may become deficient on a ketogenic diet.
- Selenium – contains 22mcg per serving to provide supplemental support should levels may become deficient on a ketogenic diet.
What is the ketogenic ratio?
KetoVie products contain a 4:1 ketogenic ratio by fat grams to combined protein and net carbohydrate grams. Net carbohydrate is the total carbohydrate grams minus grams of total fiber.
What are KetoVie’s key features?
- 4:1 Ketogenic Ratio
- Lowest net carbohydrates
- Ready to feed liquid appropriate for oral and tube feeding
- Complete nutrition source
- 100% Whey protein
- Higher in protein than other ketogenic formulas
- Contains 25% of calories as medium chain triglycerides (MCTs)
- Supplemented with essential fatty acids
- Supplemented with selenium and carnitine
- Blend of soluble and insoluble fiber
- Trans fat free
- Aspartame free
- Low lactose (0.2 g/250 mL)
- Enhanced vitamin and mineral content for bone health
- More vitamin D than any other ketogenic formulas
What is the protein source in KetoVie and what is the significance?
KetoVie 4:1 protein source is 100% whey protein. Whey protein is derived from milk. Cow and human milk contain both whey and casein protein fractions. Whey protein has been shown to empty out of the stomach faster than casein dominant milk proteins. Slow gastric motility can be common for those on a ketogenic diet.
What sweeteners are used in KetoVie?
KetoVie 4:1 – Vanilla is sweetened with a blend of sucralose and acesulfame potassium, sugar substitutes that contribute little to the carbohydrate total and do not add significant calories. Sucralose (more commonly known as SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener) is a non-caloric sweetener that is approved by the FDA and has a large body of evidence demonstrating it safe for use in foods. Acesulfame potassium is also a non-caloric sweetener often used with sucralose in commercial products to create a taste more like sucrose (or table sugar.) Acesulfame potassium is also deemed safe by the FDA. KetoVie 4:1 – Chocolate is sweetened with sucralose only. Both KetoVie 4:1 Vanilla and Chocolate flavors are aspartame free.
What is the shelf life of KetoVie?
Unopened KetoVie has a one year recommended use by date.
What are the storage recommendations?
Store KetoVie in a cool, dry place and refrigerate after opening. Ideal storage temperature is 59 – 77 degrees Fahrenheit (15-25oC). Opened cartons may be stored covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
Do you have questions about kosher certification or kosher ketogenic formulas or are you simply looking for a source for answers to the most frequently asked questions about kosher certification or kosher ketogenic formulas?
These FAQs are intended to be supplemental reference material and are intended solely for the general information of the reader. They are not intended to diagnose health problems or to take the place of professional medical care. Always consult with your health care provider. If you cannot find the answer to your question, we ask that you contact us.
What is kosher certification?
To be certified kosher, all ingredients in every product, and the process of preparing the product, must be certified for orthodox kosher-compliance.
- Comply with a strict policy of kosher food laws, including cleanliness, purity and quality.
- Kosher refers to a set of intricate religious laws that detail the types of food that a person may eat and the ways in which it may be prepared.
What is the OU-D Symbol?
The OU-D symbol on products indicates that their kosher status is being independently monitored by the staff of the Orthodox Union’s Kashruth Division. This symbol is recognized by the kosher consumer as the sign that our products meet the strictest standards of kosher.
Why are we kosher now?
At Cambrooke, our vision is to make products suitable for all people who have health conditions that require medical foods.
Did we change anything/ingredients?
Where an ingredient was not approved by the Orthodox Union, we switched to an approved kosher version of the same ingredient. These changes did not impact the nutritional value of the products.
Why OU kosher vs other kosher certifications?
- OU-D ranked higher than all other certifications on attributes such as “Most reliable”, “Most Respected”, and “Most Personally Trusted” in a survey of consumers.
- Orthodox Union’s Kashruth Division certifies more than twice as many products on supermarket shelves than all of its competitors combined.
What Cambrooke ketogenic formulas are kosher certified?
Currently, all Cambrooke ketogenic formulas are OU-D kosher certified:
- KetoVie 4:1
- KetoVie Peptide 4:1
Are Ajinomoto amino acids kosher?
Yes, if a kosher version of an amino acid is available at Ajinomoto then we’re procuring it, since Ajinomoto has the highest quality amino acids available in the market.