Founded in 2000, Cambrooke Therapeutics recognizes the critical nature of managing serious medical disorders through medically based nutrition therapies. For people with serious unmet medical nutrition needs, it is a daily challenge to find flavorful, easy options that can sustain their diets and maintain their nutritional needs.
Cambrooke Therapeutics (expansion of Cambrooke Foods) was founded in 2000 by Lynn and David Paolella, the parents of two children diagnosed with a rare disease called phenylketonuria (PKU). PKU is one of the few genetic diseases, which is managed almost entirely with nutritional intervention. The Paolellas’ goal in forming Cambrooke was simple – to develop improved nutritional therapeutic options for those with serious medical disorders.
Today, Cambrooke produces medical formulas and foods for the management of a variety of medical conditions and we are continually innovating new nutritional options targeted at a wide array of diseases.
Leaders in Therapeutic Medical Nutrition
- Cambrooke was the first medical foods company to launch a natural intact protein for the dietary management of phenylketonuria called Glytactin™ (modified glycomacropeptide) and Tylactin™ (modified glycomacropeptide) for the dietary management of Tyrosinemia.
- Cambrooke collaborates with academia and industry partners to transform early phase development projects in therapeutic nutrition into viable commercial products.
- Cambrooke employs scientific experts in the development, manufacturing and commercialization of nutritional therapeutics for patients with rare diseases.
- Cambrooke’s products are supported by clinical evidence for the nutritional management of medical needs before they are selected for commercialization.
- Cambrooke believes that both large and small patient populations are important when it comes to complex nutritional requirements.